OPEN DATE: March 1, 2022
The Liu Lab in the Dept. of Neurology in the University of California, Davis is seeking two post-doctoral employees. The positions are renewable yearly for maximal five years due to funding status and project progresses. Scholars who meet the qualifications stated below are encouraged to apply.
Successful candidates are expected to participate in animal & molecular studies of an NIH-funded research program that leverages cancer elements, such as oncogenes/kianse (e.g. Src, Cdk) and tumor suppressors (e.g. miR-122, miR-125b), to develop new drugs for treatment of traumatic brain injury (TBI) and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and other disorders.
The research in the Liu lab has led three patents in relation to drug development for TBI and other diseases. Aside from the academic path, the successful candidates will have opportunities to practice in a Startup company that licenses technologies developed from the Liu lab.
- PhD and/or MD obtained within two years of Medicine, Pharmacology, Pharmacokinetics, Toxicology, Neuroscience, Molecular Biology, or related fields with strong publication records.
- Experience with animal surgery (e.g., lateral fluid percussion, controlled cortical impact), cell culture, DNA cloning & transfection, RNA sequencing, RT-PCR, Western blot, histological stain, flow cytometry, and other techniques.
- Independency of exp. design, execution, and data interpretation.
- Excellent communication skills, and manuscript/grant writing.
- Strong passion for research/drug development.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Annual salary of $54,950, plus full benefits in compliance with UC Davis policy
If interested, please send application to Dr. Bruce Lyeth via Email: email@example.com, and Dr. DaZhi Liu via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, including CV, one page statement of research interest, and three recommendation letters.